HTML5 gives developers and website designers more flexibility while also enabling websites to be more interactive, powerful and efficient.
The best thing about HTML5 is that it is simpler than previous HTML standards, thus giving rise to a cleaner code.
But that’s not at all. If has much more…
- Cleaner markup / Improved Code – HTML 5 will enable web designers to use cleaner, neater code, we can remove most div tags and replace them with semantic HTML 5 elements.
- Geolocation – HTML5 supports geolocation, making location directly available on any compatible browser or application.
- Work your applications offline – With the offline application cache, users can still use and access their applications even when they are not connected to their networks.
- Works best for mobile phones – What’s more, HTML5 is going to make it easier for designers to bring their Web pages to iPhones and mobile phones. With most mobile phones having no access to Flash, HTML5 can still deliver videos and other multimedia content to these devices.
- Consistency – As websites adopt the new HTML5 elements we will see more greater consistency in terms of the HTML used to code a web page on one site compared to another. This will make it more easier for designers and developers to immediately understand how a web page is structured.
Will write more about this in my next blog…